Sunday 15 September 2013

The beginning: Boa Log (Bloag)

Boa...
The first time I heard of it, least did I know it would get associated in a manner that the server would continue dishing out pages to me forever.

When I initially learnt about boa, along with a couple of other web servers, the thing that fascinated me was the size of the code. It reminded me of 'Small size, big impact' things.

Whenever software such as a web server is discussed, we do not imagine it to be less than 10k lines. But boa, is different. It is sleek and leaves behind a small footprint.

Its limited functionality might not have made it huge in the market, but it is good at what it was actually made for.
Being lightweight, it is extremely useful for embedded applications. It is a tiny web server that also offers high performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment